We are always looking for enthusiastic communities to help spread the love for math in young students. If you are a librarian, motivated high school student (sometimes 8th grade students have surprised too), or an adult who is passionate to serve your community, please contact us for guidance to bring OneInMath to a new location!
Running a OneInMath program is a partnership between OneInMath, Volunteers and local Libraries.
- All logistics of setting up and managing the program
- Student & volunteer registration for the program
- Training and support for session manager, session leader and tutors.
- Guidance and checkin on regular basis.
- All curriculum material
- Tracker to monitor student’s weekly progress
- Surveys for parent and volunteer feedback at the end of each session
What we need from the library:
- An Adult volunteer to act as Session Manager to coordinate the program.
- Room to hold classes weekly that can accommodate between 30 to 60 students (one session is usually 10-12 weeks)
- Help to recruit high school volunteers to lead and tutor.
- Help to recruit students in Kindergarten to 3rd grade to join the program.
- Stationary (paper, pencils, erasers, stapler, pencil sharpener)
- Support to print math packets by printing math sheets every week, or providing access to printer for volunteers to print themselves.