Do you want to be a catalyst and have a long term impact on young kids so they can have a more confident future? Research shows that intervention at young age to build a strong foundation in Math has significant impact in the later years!
We are always looking for enthusiastic communities to help spread the love for math in young students.
Running a OneInMath program is a partnership between OneInMath, Volunteers and local Libraries. OneInMath provides all support as a free service!
- All curriculum material
- All logistics of running the class
- All communications with parents and volunteers
- Registration for the program through our website
- Training and support for all volunteers
- Supervision of students
- Tracker to monitor students’ weekly progress
- Weekly report of student and volunteer attendance
- Survey results at end of every session
- Volunteer hours certificates
Please review the following pages to learn more about OneInMath:
Click here to Contact Us to start a new chapter at your local library.
Students & Adults
If you are a motivated high school student (sometimes 8th grade students have surprised too), or an adult who is passionate to serve your community, this opportunity is for you. OneInMath volunteers develop valuable leadership, negotiation and management skills in a fun environment, and have the satisfaction of helping kids learn math.
At OneInMath, we believe every kid should have a chance to succeed in Math! Be part of the movement to help kids from Kindergarten to 3rd grade to master basic arithmetic skills, so they are more successful in the future!
We will coach you to approach your local library, how to establish the program, how to work with the librarians to recruit volunteers and K-3 students. We will provide you tutor and lead training and help manage the whole program through our system.
We provide complete logistics, training, course material, tracker, monitoring and guidance through out the session.
- Reach out to local library to establish the tutoring program for young kids K-3.
- Recruit/mentor session leader and tutors (high school students) to run the class efficiently.
- Ensure high quality of math instruction and a positive environment for learning.
- Diligent and prompt followups including replying to emails.
- Ensure all program logistics is executed in a timely and proper manner including session setup, volunteer and student enrollment, training, assessments, and instructions.
- Attend all classes.
- Setup for next session.
Note: If you are a student, you must have active participation of your parent/guardian to start the OneInMath program at your local library.
If you are a librarian, we will provide extensive help and work with you to train your staff on how to run the program, how to recruit volunteers and students and much more. Please contact us for guidance to bring OneInMath to a new location!
What we need from the library:
- An Adult volunteer to act as Session Manager to coordinate the program. We will help identify and train them.
- Room to hold classes weekly that can accommodate between 30 to 60 students (one session is usually 10-12 weeks)
- Help to recruit high school volunteers to lead and tutor.
- Help to recruit students in Kindergarten to 3rd grade to join the program.
- Stationary (paper, pencils, erasers, stapler, pencil sharpener)
- Support to print math packets by printing math sheets every week, or providing access to printer for volunteers to print themselves.
Click here to Contact Us to start a new chapter!